Last Updated: April 28 – 11:30AM
Our SAS team is here for you, as a support resource, in addition to the provision of academic accommodations. With an altered academic term, you may require a review of your accommodations to ensure that they are appropriate. Your Program Coordinator is available to help.
Registered Students with SAS
- If you have specific questions about your academic accommodations, please contact your SAS Program Coordinator directly. We have made arrangements to offer services via email, telephone and video-conference.
Non-Registered Students who are Seeking Academic Accommodation
- If you haven’t registered with SAS but need an academic accommodation, please contact the main extension to request an appointment at (905) 525-9140 ext. 28652 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to expedite your request and have made arrangements to offer services via email, telephone and video-conference.
- This is a fluid situation. To remain current about what is occurring on campus, please refer to McMaster University’s Daily News. We will do our best to provide up-to-date information, but the primary point of information is found on the Daily News site.
- The uncertainty around COVID-19 may be affecting your mental health. Here are some support resources and self-care tips.
- Please keep yourself informed by reviewing the latest information on our COVID 19 website.
Student Wellness Centre Support Resources
- The Student Wellness Centre remains open and available to support students on/off-campus. Appointments (Medical & Counselling) are available as usual. Group programs will continue as usual, including drop-in programming.
- Group programs and events will run through Wellness Education.
- On-going screening: To ensure the health & safety or our students, we will continue screening before an appointment at the Student Wellness Centre.
- If you have a cough and/or fever AND you or someone close to you has travelled abroad in the past 14 days, or you have interacted with someone with COVID-19, call Telehealth (1-866-797-0000) or Hamilton Public Health Department at 905-546-2424 ext.7970 for further direction and testing. To avoid the spread of infection, do not go to a clinic or hospital before calling first and be ready to self-isolate if necessary.
- With many changes and new circumstances to navigate, you may be in need of support. Here are some resources to help connect you with additional services and organizations who can assist you during this time.
- Make time to take care of yourself. It is an uncertain time for everyone, including you. Remember to take it day by day and do the best you can to help yourself, and others.
- Regular exercise to manage stress is important. So is getting adequate rest and sleep, and maintaining good nutrition.
- Curb how much news you watch daily and take some time to decompress.
- Check in with a friend, colleague, or family member through phone, text, skype, etc.
Information about COVID-19
- Information about how to maintain personal health & safety including how to self-monitor, how to self-isolate and cleaning & disinfection are available through Public Health Ontario.
While this situation of COVID-19 keeps unfolding, remember that we are all in this together and we, at SAS, are here for you!
The SAS Team