- The process described below is in place for undergraduate and continuing education students.
- You must self-register for your accommodations each and every term in which you are enrolled.
- You must ensure that academic accommodations are activated at the beginning of each term in order to ensure final exam accommodations are in place and to avoid any delays due to late activation.
How to Activate Accommodations
- Go to the SAS website homepage and select “Student Portal”.
- From the options, select “Activate Accommodations”.
- Sign in with your McMaster ID and password.
- You will see a list of all your courses.
- Select “Request” beside the first course from the displayed course list.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of all your accommodations on the left-hand side.
- All accommodations should be thoroughly reviewed.
- On the right-hand side you will see a list of all your courses, with the requested course checked.
- Important Note: Unless there is a specific reason to select only one or some of your courses, it is best to select all courses together. Otherwise, there is a risk that you will not receive final exam accommodations for any course not selected.
- Select the button indicating that your accommodations are correct.
- Check the box near the bottom to agree to the terms.
- Select “Submit”.
- Important Note: If your accommodations are not correct or you require changes cancel the request, sign out and follow up to book an appointment through SAS with your Program Coordinator.
- Upon completion of this task, though the system will show the request as approved, an automated email will be generated to your SAS Program Coordinator for review.
- Your SAS Program Coordinator upon review will either:
- Contact you to attend an appointment; or
- Update your SAS record so that your accommodation will appear on a course list for each of your instructors for each of your selected courses
- Your instructor will receive notice directly from SAS to review your list of accommodations.
- Upon your instructor’s reviews and acknowledgement of your accommodations, an auto generated email will be sent to you requesting you to communicate with your instructor.
- You are expected to communicate at the beginning of the term with each of your instructors to discuss details related to the implementation of your accommodations for each of the courses you have selected.
- Important Note: SAS strongly recommends you meet with your instructors in person to discuss your accommodation plan and implementation. Failure to communicate with any of your instructors may result in the University’s inability to ensure accommodations.
- If you do not hear from your instructor within a reasonable amount of time following activation of your accommodations (e.g. two weeks), you should reach out to either SAS or your instructor to see if your accommodations have been acknowledged.
Last Updated: September 1 2020